Hello, my name is Jason
Jason Safir is an interactive new media and performance artist who writes, and whose work has been featured on diverse platforms such as the web, television, and cinema. For almost a decade, he has been developing user interfaces for web and physical computing platforms, videos and visual designs for established filmmakers and television producers, and commercial brands including MTV Networks, TRIBE Media and College Media Network. His interactive art and design has helped achieve critical exposure on television, online and print news publications, and acclaim in national and international festivals.
Jason was educated in New York and Montreal and has degrees in interactive media and design. He holds a masters degree in Interactive Media from the Interactive Telecommunications Program at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Computational Arts from Concordia University Jason currently lives and works in New York.
- Master's Degree in Interactive Telecommunications, May 2010New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Computation Arts, May 2008Concordia University, Montréal, QC. Graduated with Great Distinction.
- Web Designer at MTV Networks, June 2009 – PresentWorking with a team responsible for all front end design and development for mtvU.com and associated micro-sites. Challenges include designing better sites that are highly optimized for SEO and adding social networking features.
- Web Designer at Sid Lee, May 2007 – June 2008Collaborated with a team responsible for front end websites and backend applications. Addressed aspects including user interface, function, graphics design, sales presentations, information architecture, online and offline documentation, marketing and product development.
- Creative Design Manager at MSI Solutions, June 2005 – March 2007Responsible for the design of all web based applications across the company which included application UI design, animation, prototyping and marketing creative.